Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The becoming




Hey y'all,



So this week has been something else.  Well, here are a few highlights...

Monday we ran ragged trying to see everyone.  It was Sister Grant’s last day and we had to see everyone one last time:) I was very impressed she didn't have a hard time fitting everything in and she kept everything under weight and she didn't even have to leave more than 3 outfits behind ... Go Team!! oh and one last thing, we weren't up late packing!! She is awesome!!!



I love Sister Grant so much!! I was so sad to see her go!! She taught me so much.  She really prepared me for the rest of my mission!! She was a great example to me of the kind of missionary (and person, for that matter) that I want to be. She went out strong! She left it all out there for the Lord!! One of the coolest parts about being on a mission is that you gain life long friends. She and Sister Jones have been too good for me ;)



Okay, so Tuesday we woke up way to early and headed out to transfers.  I got a Greeny!! Whoot Whoot!!! Her name is Sister Christiansen.  She is from a small town called St. David in Arizona.  She loves to play video games and watch TV.  Safe to say she is sacrificing her wants and desires for Heavenly Fathers which I think is pretty cool!! She is the youngest of 5.  She's pretty cool :) Most of Tuesday was orientation for the new missionaries and their trainers. It was so much fun.  It was like a flash back, crazy that was almost 5 months ago. When we got home I showed her the area and we went to work !!







Wednesday

We went and visited Gail.  She got a job so she can’t meet on Fridays any more.  She's such a hoot!! We taught her about the 2000 stripling warriors.  She had me laughing so hard.  I was describing what these young men were like and why they are so important and she was like, “Kendrick those boys sound mighty fine, I think you should marry one of them” I told her, “oh Gail, don't you worry. Don't you fret!! I’ll get me one of those boys one day!!  We also did some service for her.   We conquered her room!! AHHHH!! Let’s just say that I took 3 big garbage bags of crap to the dumpster, and then I wanted to burn my clothes!!   After I left that place, the floors were shined like the  top of the Chrystler building !!  



Thursday

We had a lesson with Karla and HER SISTER. She is really interested in the gospel and wants to learn all she can!! IT is so cool what an example Karla is to those around her!! We had the lesson outside and right in the middle of it, it started to down pour!! We didn't care!! Nothing could stop us from testifying about the gospel and the restoration !!



Friday

So we went and saw Robin, and guess what!!! She going to go to the temple !!! whoot whoot!!! I’m so happy for her.  The first week I was here she was inactive.   Then at week 3, she started coming back to church regularly.  Now flash forward 5 months and she is going to the temple!!! I am so so so proud of her !! She is an awesome daughter of God.   ah man, there are no words to describe the love that I have for her!!!



Saturday,

The Sister Training Leaders were in the park earlier this week and a girl named Danielle came up to them and asked them if they were missionaries and if they could teach her a little bit about their religion. Crazy, right??   So it gets better!!  She lives in our area so we get to teach her!!  It was music to my ears.  I felt bad for the STL's though because she is solid.  We had a pass off lesson with the STLs and it was so much fun and the spirit was so strong.  Danielle is microbiology major with a minor in religion.  A little while back she decided that she wanted to do what was right in the eyes of God but she didn't know what church to join so she decided to do her homework and figure it out.   She has studied a lot of religions just looking for the truth.  Well guess what she just happened to stumble upon the truth.  She is so cool!! At the end of our lesson she asked, “What do you guys want me to read for next time”? We gave her the scripture 2 Nephi 2 and she asked, “Is that all”?? Needless to say, she is solid and I’m excited to see where this will go.  She doesn't have a whole lot of time.  She is just back home until school starts and then she will return to Denver, so once again time is against me but never worry,  I got this! Nothing is imposable with the Lord on my side!!



Sunday,

Mr. Sheffield came to church again and we had a great lesson with him later that night, on the plan of salvation.  He believes everything we are teaching him. He is just a little slow to act but, hey we got time :)



Anyway, this has been a terrific week.   Being a trainer is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be but I know Heavenly Father qualifies those he calls, and if nothing else, I have gained a better relationship with my Father in Heaven.   With all the prayers that I’ve been saying lately, you would think that we were joined at the hip!  I’ve truly seen where I need to improve and what I need to become and the missionary and the person that my father wants me to be.   The refiners’ fire is real! I’ve been studying the qualities and the leadership of King Benjamin in my studies these last few days.  If I can be a sliver of the leader that that he was and have as much love and serve those around me then maybe one day I could get a hang of this leadership role:) Anyway, life has  been good.   I’m enjoying the ride :)



I love you all and hope that you have a marvelous day and a terrific week.   You are all in my prayers!!   

I love you

Keep the faith

Keep smilin

Love,



-Sister Baylee Kendrick-


No comments:

Post a Comment