Wednesday, August 30, 2017

South Side



Hey everyone!
What a whirlwind!  Here’s an update on what's been going down here in little old Chicago.

So last week I got transferred!  For the last 6 weeks of the mission, I'll be spending it on the south side!!  I'm white washing and training in Morgan Park and I love it!!   My new comp is Sister Caucut. She is from Orem, Utah.  She is 22 and the youngest in her family!! She is into theater, make up, and movies so it has been fun to be with her.  She has an amazing voice! It is so fun. I just ask her to sing all sorts of songs for me.  She is like my mini radio haha!!  Don't worry we sing church songs (most of the time).

I was so sad to leave North Shore!   So many good things were happening and so many people that I have come to love!! So many memories that I will forever have! I'm so grateful for the many experiences that I was able to have there! On to the next adventure!! And an adventure it will be.

Last Monday was super fun!  We got to go downtown again with the new missionaries. It’s so fun to see their greeny fire!! The whole time I was thinking this is going to be Brod!! So excited!! That night all the sisters slept in our house and if I had the energy I would have taken a picture but I still had not even packed yet, due to finding out late Sunday night and having to go pick up the missionaries. Let's just say it was a late night and then we had to be to the Mission Home at 7:00! We had our new missionary orientation and training meeting (which I can almost quote by now haha). Every time I hear it, it gives me a little push and a boost.  It's just what I always need at the start of a new transfer.  We got the keys to the car and the address to our new home and off we went to the new unknown!! It was something else getting everything figured out and it was quite overwhelming for a few days. My poor new comp!  I'm sure she just wanted to die!! It's been really good for us because all we have is to rely on is each other and the Lord!!

We were able to find some of our investigators and go by and introduce ourselves so that was good. There are two real amazing families that I can't wait to teach!  There is so much potential here!! It's so exciting!  There definitely won't be a dull moment here!!  We get so many Bible referrals, it's amazing!!  We have things coming out our ears! It's so much fun! Our ward is so small it should be a branch but there are individuals called from other wards to sustain the needs and the callings. It's crazy! On Sunday there were 56 people in attendance, with children! It’s crazy to me! A whole new experience, that's for sure but I'm eating it up!! Well I'll share more next week when I actually know myself haha


Well, I love ya all!!
Sister Kendrick

No comments:

Post a Comment