Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Think outside the box


Talofa, 
Well another week down :) 

So I don't really know what to write about for this week.   It’s just the same old same old nothing too exciting happened this week haha...   It’s had its ups and downs as most do, but it ended with a high note with conference. I hope you all had the opportunity to watch it.  What a blessing it is to have a modern day prophet and apostles that lead and guide this church.  It truly is a blessing!! 

Our investigator, Michelle Oaks, is doing really well. This week we had a really fun lesson with her and her kids Victoria (5) and Bubba aka Robert (3).  We talked about the importance of prayer and how to pray and then after we painted prayer rocks with them it was the so much fun. (We took a picture on Michelle’s phone but we forgot to get it from her next week ;) ) I love teaching little kids it is the best and Michelle is so strong!  She is the one that we put on date last week.  It is going to be a really cool baptism.  Her husband is a less active member and now they will be able to come to church together, and as a family they will receive the many blessings the gospel provides.  Sunday, they invited us over to  watch conference in their home.  It was so cool.  Michelle’s husband had to work for the first session but was able to come and watch some of the second.  After all was said and done, he was like, " how cool is this, I love that we are able to watch this and learn.  I have a lot I need to do, but I really just love it all of it". 

Cool thing happened this week~ 
 I was talking to Sister Sufia and trying to decide how we can find people to teach down here.  I told her, we’ve got to figure out something outside the box some way to find a lost family... And as I said that the phone rang and a less active sister that just moved into our ward called and asked if we could help her get back to church, and teach her boys about God.  They are (9) and (11). She said that she has been going through a lot lately and feels that it was God humbling her to come back to Him and to get her boys involved in a church. We went and saw her and we are going to start teaching her.  So long story short, we found a way to find, that was outside the box.   Just let them come to you haha.. I wish it was that easy all the time ;) in the words of Sister Sufia Very Minia, Good stuff good stuff :)    
 I really don't know what else to say so I guess I’ll call it quits:)  Life is good down here in the boonies.  We are working hard to bring in the harvest for the Lord. 

I want to echo the words of President Uchtdorf and say "God is real... He lives... He Loves you... He Knows you... He Understands you... He Knows the silent pleadings of your heart... He Has Not Abandoned you... He will not forsake you!!!"

If I’ve learned anything in my life and with those I have the opportunity to work with, if we look hard enough we will see His hand in our own lives.  It is my prayer that each of you will be able to see the blessings he bestows upon you!! He loves you and I love you!!  

  Keep smilin

~ Sister Kendrick~ 





No comments:

Post a Comment