Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 23


Where do I begin??   This has been one of the craziest most fun and most exhausting weeks of my life.  It has been go go go since the second I stepped out of the car but it has truly been amazing. 



(I am not going to go in order of how things happen, that is just way too hard.   I just want to share some the things that I've done and some of the things that I've got to experience that have been truly great.)



Ok, so one of the hardest things for me to get use to was the fact that we pray every 5 minutes.  It’s not the fact that we are praying but more so the fact that I have ran out of things to pray for ( which is a good thing because it has pushed me to say more meaningful prayers, so maybe I should say one of the best things)  Just an example of how things go... when I wake up in the morning, I  say a personal prayer, and get my hair done (10min) and then say companion prayer then finish getting ready(15 min) and then we say a prayer with the sisters in my zone, then we go to breakfast ,get the food and say another prayer….  Get the picture??   This is how it goes for the rest of the day, no lie.... But, like I said it has made me truly think about what I am doing and it has really made a difference in my prayers and my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  One of the coolest things is hearing prayers in different languages!! 



As soon as I rounded the corner, the day I got here, I saw Sister Bailey DeVries.  She ran over to me and about knocked me over, then of course the tears started rolling again, but this time because I was so so happy to see her and to be at the MTC with  a Jesus Christ nametag over my heart.   Then later that night, I got to see Sister Rachel Phillipot.  She is actually was in my zone and she was two rooms down. It was so fun to have them with me. They both left me but I’m so excited and proud of them.



The District is Great we have 4 Sisters and 5 Elders

 Elder Ikimau- He is From New Zealand and is going to Arizona 

 Elder Mann - He is From New Zealand Too and is Also Going to Arizona 

 Elder  Swallow- He is from Texas and going to Chicago 

 Elder Thiel- He is from  Wisconsin and he is Going to Chicago 

 Elder Balord- He is also form Wisconsin and he is going to Chicago

 Sister Graff-  she is from Californa and is going to Arizona 

 Sister Dominque she is from Mississippi and is going to Florida

 Sister Richensen  She is from Arizona and is going to Florida




 They are all great and they all have amazing testimonies, I have learned so much from each of them.  Their accents are so catchy and I am starting to talk like a black girl or so sister Dominques says.   She is great!!  She is a convert and has only been a member for a year and a half, but I truly think that she knows more than me. 



The spirit is so strong here and I just love been surrounded by it 24/7 

We are teaching 3 different investigators and it’s been really neat to get (for lack of a better term) to receive revelation for them, to see how the gospel has enhanced their life and how it truly blesses people. They all come for different backgrounds but they all are trying to find peace in their life and to have a relationship with God.  They are all amazing its cool to see how close and how much love you can feel for someone you just meet. 

The Temple Dedication was amazing this was the first time I heard someone pray for the missionaries and for me!!   It was so good!!  All of the MTC went to the 9:00 session.   I loved the message and as you all know I love temples so... 

the best part was singing Hosanna  and  The Spirit of God, seeing the white handkerchiefs and hearing the praises fill the room was Amazing !!!!  The spirit was sooooooo strong…everyone was crying around me...  

I love learning!!! I feel like I have been taught all these principles all my life, but I feel like I’ve learned so much since I have been here it’s unreal.

The elders from New Zealand remind me of Brodee so much!!!  They are always dancing just like him and they are always making jokes, so maybe I cursed myself but it’s been good and I haven’t even let them get to me.  I just laugh and all is good but their dancing though, it’s exactly Brodee!   He would love them. 

I am the only sister going to Chicago so that’s cool.... but I’m really excited


Mom, take what you will from this and send it everyone…more pictures to come.   I love you all!!  I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to put the name badge on everyday and to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Chris.   I LoVE YOu ALL 



Sister Kendrick!




















No comments:

Post a Comment