Friday, December 9, 2016

Let it snow!




This week was a great one. It was super fun today because Sister Sufia  got to build her first snowman and go ice skating for the first time !!! It was so cute to watch her experience the joys of winter. Oh ya did I tell you?  It snowed so winter is finally here.  



Here are some experiences I’ve had this past week. 

Monday through Tuesday we were on exchanges with our sisters and I went down to Hebron with Sister Davis and sister C. It was a lot of fun!! I love getting to help these sisters ad watching them through their journey on their mission.

Wednesday we did planning. 

Thursday we volunteer at the Salvation Army and we served there, and then went to the church to help out with our ward party decorations. 

That night we went to one of our friend’s house that we've met throughout our service here in Portage.  She is 82 years old and she is the sweetest Christian women I've ever meet. We were teaching her here and there little bits as we helped her bake cookies for her program on Saturday.  


We also got to Skype Karla it was so good to talk to her.  She is such a sweet girl!! I truly love her I have missed her like crazy.  She needs so much; I wish I could just give her my testimony!! 


Friday we had our zone conference where every missionary in our stake came together to council and to discuss how can help make the work grow stronger. Our stake president’s wife gave all the missionaries a scarf. She is so cute. I've really enjoyed our last few meetings.  They've helped me so much!! They've given me a view of what’s to come.  The future is bright I can feel it.  I'm on the edge of greatness. 

Then on Saturday we went to the museum to help them with their program. They had a quite a Christmas set up and we got to see SANTA!! It was a great opportunity to go out and help others and let them know that good people does exist. It was a great opportunity too to share the Light of Christ with all that come to visit. 

Then that night we had our ward party and it was great party.  There were a lot people there.  The theme for the Christmas party was Joy Around the World. They invite return missionaries to share their testimony and to say Merry Christmas in the language that they spoke on their mission. There were a lot of them.  It was super sweet.  They shared what brought them joy on their missions and the things they have learned. Now that I have been on my mission for some time, I have a new found appreciation for mission stories. They are my favorite :) 

Sunday we got to go to church and partake of the sacrament and to listen to everyone's testimonies.  I love to hear the testimony of those here in Valpo.  So many members of our ward are recent converts and I love watching them grow and hearing their simple powerful testimony, the pure and simple doctrines. It just helps my testimony grow so much stronger!! I love this work. You don’t know how much I love this! Later that night we got to watch the Christmas devotional this is definitely going to be a special Christmas!! 

I just wanted to thank everyone that has done anything to make Sister Sufia and my Christmas one to remember!! Thank you for all your love and support.  It's and all the cute ways to help us feel as close to home as we can through this season. The Christmas spirit is strong here in Portage :) # lighttheworld 






This week is the last week of transfers and we don't know what is going to happen. Oh I hope that we stay together I love sister Sufia so much. She has been my rock!! Well have to see what comes!! 
Well I love y'all and hope you have a great week.  Remember to keep striving to serve with the light the world campaign.  Love you! Keep smilin !! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment