Sunday, February 5, 2017

Hey Y'all!

So this week’s letter is gonna be short and sweet.  Things are coming along here in the boondocks.  This week has been the same as usual. We have been doing a lot of outreach to members in the ward.  It is really important to reach out to all of God's children.  There are so many people that have left the church whether they were offended or just fell away or even possibly felt pushed away, but Christ's church is supposed to be for everyone.  It is so important to remember that the Gospel is perfect, but the people in the Church are not.  It is so important that we reach out to those who are feeling lost or have fallen away from the Church.


Challenge this week: Reach out to someone who might need to feel Heavenly Father's love for them.


Second thing that has been really fun the last few weeks has been reaching out to the youth.  It has made me miss mutual so much!! I really loved the young women and the program, even though I did complain sometimes!! :) It truly has prepared me for my mission and the rest of my life.  I watch as the youth out here don't have a lot of support because there just aren't many members.  These youth are literally the only members in their schools.  It has reminded me again what it truly means to be a Light of Christ.  I see these youth being a light even when no one else has the same beliefs.  They have to choose everyday to be an example of Christ, but it really is cool because they have already had to make the hard choice, so they are ready for life and missions.  They have to be truly committed or they literally have no reason to stand alone.

So long story short we have been really encouraged to work with the youth and I have loved it.  It’s like having a mini MTC. Haha.

Love you all!
Keep smilin!
Sister Kendrick





No comments:

Post a Comment