Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Happy Halloween





HaPpY HaLlOwEeN !!!!

 So this week letter will be short and sweet, 

For the majority of the week Sister Sufia was sick and I literally had to force her or as she says “mother her” to take naps.  I felt so bad for her; she felt like crap and she had to take a box of Tissue everywhere we went it!! Let’s just say being sick is just crummy but being sick on your mission is the worst thing ever!! But the good news is I got to read a lot in the Book of Mormon this week!! Even though she was sick, she was such a trooper. She worked so hard this week. Like I said, I had to make her stay in the room until she took a nap because she just wanted to go out and work!! I Love Her!! 



We also did something creative/ fun, I guess you could say, this week haha... we gave the members of our ward a challenge to hand out 10 Pass along cards tonight with their candy!! We made cute little handouts that said "Trick or Treat the Gospel is sweet, Give these to everyone you meet!" Then Ashley helped us type up the instructions and we put them all together with the pass along cards so maybe, hopefully, something will come of that haha:) 


We had a fun contact this week. We got a media referral (which basically means that an individual requested a free Book of Mormon or Bible).  Upon delivering the Bible, the goal is to always leave a Book Of  Mormon also and to teach the Restoration.  So we got to the point of giving him the Bible and as we were giving it to him, he asked “hey can I get a Book Of Mormon too, tell me a little bit about that”!! It was a really fun stop by. We talked for a hour, on his front porch and as of Saturday night he had Read to 3 Nephi. We have a lessons set up with him to talk about what he has been reading. Hopefully we will be able to start teaching him!! I would love that he seems pretty solid. 


The best part of the week was definitely Sunday!!  It was the Primary Program!! I love watching the sweet little kids and hearing them sing.  It’s always been one of my favorite things!!  At the end, our Bishop got up and shared the closing remarks and it really hit home for me. It reminded that my testimony started in primary. All those songs I sang with such simple truths teaching me all the things that I would need, building a foundation of which was set firmly in Christ and in his teachings. One of which allowed me to continue to grow and develop. There has been so many times throughout my life that I have thought of the sweet words of the primary songs and the reflection brought renewed strength and hope and the spirit so strongly!  While I was watching those cute kids, I was also thinking of all the little ones back at home, the ones I love so much!! I was thinking of the foundation of truth that is being laid for them and how important it will be in their lives!! I'm so GREATFUL to all those that helped lay that foundation for me in my early years. It has definitely blessed me so much!! I pray for all those little ones that I love so deeply that their foundation will be strong and that they will to be able to rely on those simple but profound truths so available in the sweet Primary songs


Well I hope that y’all don’t have too much fun tonight or eat too much Candy!
I Love YOU!!!
Please be safe :) 
Have A Wonderful week!!!
Keep Smilin

-Sister Kendrick-










No comments:

Post a Comment