Friday, April 7, 2017

Lesson in Spanish








Hope you all enjoyed conference this past weekend.  Here are a few highlights from last week:

Tuesday:
 One of the sweet Senior Missionaries Sister Medina took us out to lunch, bless her heart! I am so grateful for the Senior Missionaries in our mission. They do so much for us! My area right now covers the Mission Office, so we get to see them quite a bit, a lot more than down in Indiana that's for sure!! It was super fun to be with her!   Right after we headed on exchanges with The Hermanas.  What an adventure. Last week when I was with the Hermana Marple, she was in my area so I didn't have to speak Spanish, but the tables were turned this week and for 24 hrs I stepped in to the Spanish Program. 

Wednesday:
 I got a little taste of what it’s like to have to speak a different language.  Let’s just say I’m grateful that Heavenly Father knows me because I don't know if I could have done the whole mission thing and learn a language.  I mean I would have done it in a heartbeat but it would be so hard!! As I’ve been out on the mission I’ve picked up little tid bits a Spanish here and there, so I could understand some things that were being said throughout our lessons, but I couldn't say hardly anything!!  It was a lot of fun!! The Hispanic people are just so sweet and so fun to be around. We visited lots of members and had 3 Setas.  All in all Sister Borrows and I had a great exchange.  I have so much respect for missionaries that have the opportunity to speak a foreign tongue!! 
 
Thursday: Weekly Planning and nothing else exciting

Friday:
MY first temple tour!!   It’s finally getting warm enough out that we can start doing them! I just love to see the temple. There's nothing better than being at the temple!! What a better place to teach about the wonderful things that happen inside than at the temple itself!  The spirit was so strong and we were able to testify of the wonderful opportunity we have to become worthy and prepare ourselves to enter into the doors of the temple to partake of the many blessings the Lord has in store for us! We had quite a few lessons.  It’s hard to balance everything!! It been so long since I’ve said that!!   We are being so blessed right now!!  

Saturday: 
We mainly just watched conference all day and then a sweet member took us out to dinner.  It was the first time Sister Silver had eaten at Giodono’s which is a big place here to get Chicago Pizza, so that was fun and exciting!! Then seeing how it was April 1st, Sister Tanner decided to play a prank on me but it totally backfired on her!! It was definitely journal worthy!! Let’s just say, don't try to play pranks on Sister Kendrick because you'll be sorry you did.

Sunday:
For the Morning Session we were able to go to a members home (The Fa'anunu's) and they invited Jimmy and Chloe to come and watch Conference. We had a good old time! I’m not sure how much they really got out of it, but they felt the spirit. It’s hard to take in that much at one time.  So many things are talked about in conference.  We asked them if they had any questions afterwards, but I’m not sure everything sunk in haha:) I’m sure we will have a Q and A session at our next lesson. Their Aunt Sunny has not been feeling well these past few days so we haven't been able to meet with her.  We will for sure stop in this week.  They are coming along little by little.

The Afternoon session we watched at the church with an investigator.  So many good talks!!! I’m so grateful that we have a Modern-day Prophet and Apostles on the Earth today that teach us divine truths that help us come closer to Our Savior and our Eternal Father.  I thought about sharing with you my favorite talk but they were all so good I can’t pick a favorite!! I just loved them ALL!!

After Conference was all said and done, we had dinner and then went to the hospital to visit some members. All and all it was a great day, other than the fact that walking in to the hospital just reminds me how much I miss it!!   We came across a cool find as we were driving home.  Has anyone ever been to a Hindu Temple? I have not, but we found a HUGE one in our area.  So, now that President has given us permission and encouragement to go to other religious worships, we are going to go check it out this week, let you know how it goes:) 

 What a great week it was! The weeks are getting shorter and shorter!  Somehow it seems like it was just Monday!! It’s Crazy! My time is ticking and I’m not about to waste any time!! We are running hard and fast!!  It’s been such a blast!  So grateful for Sister Silver!  She has been so good for me!!! I’ve truly been blessed with the best companions!!

I wanted to end with President Monson's Challenge



If don't have a firm testimony, don't fret and don't run from the challenge!   Do that which is necessary to obtain one!! If you don't know the Book of Mormon to be the Word of God, read it and find out. If you don't understand who you are or your purpose in life, study the Plan of Salvation!! If you have a Question that seems to shake your faith, go back to the basics, and I’m sure you'll find the basics aren't so basic after all and that they will truly help you!  Study the Doctrine.  Search the scriptures.  Have faith and do all things that are necessary to obtain a testimony of the Savior and the Restored Church. Whatever the time, whatever the effort, I promise you that it will be the best investment you’ll ever make!!


I love you all!!
I hope that you'll go back and reread thought Conference and apply the teachings to yourself!
Here’s to another Great week!

KEEP SMILIN

Sister Kendrick!!




No comments:

Post a Comment